The Best Luxury Birthday Gifts with the October Birthstones
All products are independently selected by our editors. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Seeking a perfect luxury gift for someone with an October birthday? You can’t go wrong with a lovely piece of jewelry in honor of the month of their birth. So, what are the best luxury gifts of the October birthstones – tourmaline and opal – in fine and fashion jewelry right now? Here’s our edit of the best tourmaline and opal cocktail rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces and more that would be perfect sparkling gifts for your October baby.
luxury birthday gift ideas starring the October birthstones
October has two official birthstones: tourmaline and opal, and either or both make for the perfect luxury jewelry gift.
Opals are believed to have healing powers and bring good luck to the wearer. It has been said that opals act as an emotional stabilizer. Wearing an opal is said to bring about loyalty and faithfulness toward the wearer.
Join our community
For access to insider ideas and information on the world of luxury, sign up for our Dandelion Chandelier newsletter. And see luxury in a new light.
sign up now >
Tourmalines come in many different hues, but all of them are said to have healing powers. The tourmaline is believed to be a “receptive stone.” Soothing, calming, promoting meditation, spirituality and wisdom.
As we researched this piece we learned that quite a lot of jewelers combine these two October birthstones into one dazzling piece. We also learned that together or apart, the birthstones of October exude a jaunty, happy and bohemian-chic vibe that we really love.
It would be impossible to wear one of these as a gift and not feel jolly all the time. What better gift could there be than that?
the best luxury gift jewelry featuring the birthstones of October
From haute joillerie to bijoux, traditional to contemporary, brand new to antique vintage, Costco to Cartier, there’s a perfect piece of tourmaline or opal jewelry out there for anyone who’s born in the month of October.
Here are the ones we have our eyes on right now.
1. October Birthstone Jewelry: Cocktail Rings
A cocktail ring an excellent option for a luxury jewelry gift, especially when it is crafted from one or both of the birthstones for the month of October. They’re playful and fun, and they can immediately dress up even the most somber outfit. Here are some of the rings that caught our eyes.
- Rosa de la Cruz Tourmaline, sapphire & 18kt gold ring ($3,848)
- Vintage diamond and opal ring ($600)
- Retrouvaí small Lollipop tourmaline, turquoise and gold ring ($3,781) and large Lollipop tourmaline, turquoise and gold ring ($9,572)
- Irene Neuwirth tourmaline and rose-gold ring ($2,864)
- Sofia Zakia Wandering Star opal ring ($1,280)
- Marco Bicego Petali tourmaline flower ring ($3,110)
- Konstantino green tourmaline ring ($495)
- Tiffany Paper Flowers green tourmaline cluster ring ($25,000)
the luxury gift guide: the best of the moon and stars
read more >
2. October Birthstone Jewelry: Earrings
In these Zoom-filled days in particular, everyone would value a pair of fun, energizing earrings. Whether it’s a statement pair of chandeliers or a simpler post that’s the perfect companion for a face mask, the October birthstones opal and tourmaline don’t disappoint.
- Gucci Le Marché des Merveilles 18kt gold earrings with diamonds and opal ($ 2,420)
- Irene Neuwirth gold, diamond and opal drop earrings ($7,170)
- Pamela Love Gravitation opal and diamond earrings ($1,640)
- Alina Abegg Pfefferminz opal rose gold hoop earrings ($2,935)
- Jacquie Aiche rose gold Druzy and Peruvian opal tusk earrings ($12,000)
- Wendy Yue rose gold, opal and pink sapphire earrings ($6,270)
- Wendy Yu white gold, opal and blue sapphire earrings ($12, 600)
- Jan Leslie 2-tier tribal blue opal earrings ($5,500)
luxury lessons: how to find the perfect engagement ring
read more >
3. October Birthstone Jewelry: Bracelets and Cuffs
We love bracelets and cuffs – the more, the better! Opal and tourmaline play perfectly together, so you can help your October baby start a collection of bangles, bracelets and cuffs to remember their special month all year long.
- Anissa Kermiche October opal, diamond & gold bracelet ($805)
- Verdura Ravenna cuff with green tourmaline, tanzanite, amethyst, peridot, ivory enamel and gold ($78,500)
- Dina Mackney pink opal cuff ($495)
- Armenta Old-World triple-wrap pearl, turquoise and opal bracelet ($990)
- Sydney Evan yellow opal beaded bracelet ($750)
- Sheryl Lowe gray opal diamond 5-Rondelle bracelet ($1,700)
- Sheryl Lowe pink tourmaline, rhodochrosite, and opal 3-Rondelle bracelet ($950)
- Mattia Cielo rose gold pink tourmaline and diamond coil bracelet ($3,800)
- Paloma’s Studio by Tiffany & Co. Hexagon cuff with green tourmalines ($35,000)
4. October Birthstone Jewelry: Necklaces
We’re totally into layering necklaces right now, so we focused this edit on pieces that would be stunning alone or in multiple layers. You can also gift a necklace with the birthday person’s initial and their birthstone – sure, it’s extra, but who cares?
- Retrouvaí Wisdom diamond, opal & 14kt gold necklace ($3,647)
- Tai Opal Monogram necklace ($95)
- Jacquie Aiche 14K Rose Gold Tourmaline and Multi Color Opal Beaded Necklace ($5,750)
- Joie DiGiovanni Mexican Opal Lariat with Diamond Accent ($895)
- Irene Neuwirth beaded opal and 18kt gold necklace ($3,711)
- M.Spalten rose gold, opal and diamond necklace ($5,420)
- Kathryn Elyse gold opal and diamond necklace ($4,000)
- Gurhan 5-strand opal necklace ($33,500)
5. October Birthstone Jewelry: Brooches
Brooches are back, and the October birthstones are stunning, either alone or in combination. Many of these are vintage, making them even more special as potential keepsakes.
- Scully & Scully Songbird brooch with pink tourmaline ($5,500)
- Vintage Flower brooch with Opal petals ($28,600)
- Art Deco tourmaline and diamond platinum brooch ($12,500)
- Retro tourmaline and moonstone brooch ($3,450)
- Chaumet Diamond Tourmaline and Sapphire Bee Brooch ($6,000)
- Vintage Art Deco opal and diamond dress clip ($5,795)
6. October Birthstone Jewelry: Watches and Cuff links
It turns out that there are numerous watches and cuff links in the October birthstones, too. So every October baby can play, and you can surprise them with a piece they never would have imagined.
- Jacquie Aiche restored vintage Rolex Oyster with tourmaline ($12,000)
- Piaget Extremely Lady diamond, white gold and opal watch (price upon request)
- Louis Moinet Temograph Chrome watch with opal dial (price upon request)
- Cartier High Jewelry watch in white gold and onyx with green tourmalines and diamonds (price upon request)
- Vintage De Grisogono Tondo by Night watch ($4,595)
- Vintage mosaic opal cuff links ($1,350)
7. Bonus Round: October Birthstone Home Decor
Even if your current budget won’t support a gift of jewelry this year, fear not! There are also some adorable gift options that reference opal and tourmaline at a far more affordable price. For example, this Yoga Zeal blue opal beach towel ($50) is a perfect gift for an October baby who also loves the beach. Very photogenic!
the best jewelry for an October birthstone gift
Those are our top picks for the best fine and fashion tourmaline or opal luxury jewelry gift, including rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, watches and more – that would be perfect birthstone gifts for an October birthday. Really kind of wish we were born in October now. What’s your favorite? And when does the party start?
join our community
For access to insider ideas and information on the world of luxury, sign up for our Dandelion Chandelier Newsletter here. And see luxury in a new light.